Saturday 26 March 2011

The thing that worries me...........



is that when I was a little lad, my granny had a toy shop..Yes seriously!  Every trip to the toy shop resulted in the latest Corgi or Dinky toy car or truck.  I had the lot, but there again, if you cant eek a free toy car out of your Granny when she owns a toy shop you werent showing very good form were you?

Anyway, I had a habit of taking all the rubber wheels off my cars, and losing them.  I think I swallowed a fair few, but my dear father reminded me of my habit of pulling things apart and sure enough a quick look in my toy box at my parents home confirms the facts.  Most of my toy cars were wrecked and in pieces.  Oh dear, as I have now dismantled my rare survivor E Type into goodness knows how many parts I feel the hand of responsibility on my to get it back together quickly!  Things always come apart quicker than they go back together though.

So todays efforts resulted in the front subframe coming off and now I really feel she is making headway.  Not long now before I can get the body off for restoration and start on the IRS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment