Monday 14 March 2011

Contact with the past owner and IRS removal, nearly!

I managed to speak with the long term owner of my E type today.  He bought this car when he was 24 years old in 1965.  bought it from Camden Motors of Leighton Buzzard, and just fell in love with the colour, a bit like me really.  Recalled being taken for a very fast test drive by the salesman over the bridge where the Great Train Robbery had taken place at bridego bridge less than 18 months earlier.  A real trip back in time for me that.  I was two!  Anyway, he has photos which he is going to dig out for me, not of the Great Train Robbery , the E type.  He owned the car until 2009.  He recalled how good the HMV radio was with its super long aerial.  He also recalled how he traded in an XK150 for it which he had bought from Donald Campbell no less.

Anyway, back to the present , I am working on taking out the IRS unit at the moment, which is not proving to tricky, just dirty and crawling around on ones back under neath the car,  is making me feel my age.  I used to do this sort of thing all the time, but now I am wondering whether its a good idea!  But loving it really.  Photos soon

No comments:

Post a Comment