Sunday 15 May 2011

Some nice glossy paint!

Well, after disappearing for a few weeks, and not making any posts I have made some headway with one or two things.  The diffential is back from the rebuilders, and has now been painted.  I have also got the suspension parts and drive shafts back from the painters.  Just waiting on the cage and a few parts to arrive and I can get the IRS back together.  Its great to see some parts now in paint and very satifying.  The diff is a 3.06 which is pretty high geared but standard for this year of production.  Interestingly the diff also has the chassis number stamped on it, well to be accurate the last 3 digits, 897 preceeded by the number "1" .  Anyway,  I am concentrating on getting the IRS back together before I pull much more apart , oh......I almost forgot, I have got the gearbox back from the rebuilders as well!   I will have to get a photo of that tommorrow.  Anyway, they have replaced the main shaft which had a little wear on it and all the seals , bearings, and gaskets.  They seem to think it was pretty good overall.  Anyway, another major item overhauled and ready to be refitted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment