Thursday 28 April 2011

Unforeseen obstacles

I am sad to say that the E Type project has taken a turn for the worse this week due to unforeseen obstacles which have conspired to slow progress.   The Garden!

One of the biggest conundrums I face is that when its cold and dark I dont want to work in the garage and play cars, which in the UK is 9 months of the year, and when its nice and one can, the wretched garden needs tending.  Well to be honest, as far as I am concerned it can look after itself, but as far as Group HQ is concerned its time for me to do my stuff!

Anyway, all is not lost, I have actually spent the time I do have in stripping a bit more of the E ready for its eventual body rebuild.  In working on this wonderful creation, more than anything else I have worked on, I am struck by its beauty.  Now I know you probably think I have taken leave of my senses or the effect of all this gardening has sent me potty, but in truth its not that at all.  If you work on an E Type, particularly the fixed head variety, its feels like working in a dressing room for top models.  The shape and feel of an E Type, even a rusty old relic like 860897, stirs the emotions, such is the wonderful design.  It really is a thing of immense beauty..  Once one starts to think like this you notice little elements of the design which are just stunning.  I am therefore going to run a competition to see which bit stands out as the best and most evocative part of the design.  I have my favorite already.  I will post it amongst all the other bits as I see them. 

here is one design statement I think is worthy of highlighing.  When you look at it you can see that it is a wonderful shape but not symetrical at all.  Further more it twists from front to back to follow the contour of the car...beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment